Facebook contacts

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by juan9999, Mar 22, 2013.

1. juan9999 macrumors newbie

Ok, this has been driving me nuts.

I have used (settings/facebook/update all contacts) to link facebook accounts to my existing contacts.

This works well for those users who have associated either an email address or phone number to their facebook accounts, and adds photos etc.

For those users who haven't, it does not find them, but I know their facebook accounts.

How can I manually link them???

If I go to their contact entry, there is no "Facebook" field as was automatically populated from FB where I could type in the FB user names.

HELP!!!

2. mreddys10 macrumors regular

Open phone app, go to 'Groups' (top left corner), select 'All Facebook' so that it shows all your Facebook contacts mixed with your phone contacts under Contacts.

Then, just edit the contact that you want. At the bottom of the page will be an option to link contacts. Hope this answers your question

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

You can potentially also use another app for this kind of thing, like Sync.ME (http://www.sync.me/) for example.

4. juan9999 thread starter macrumors newbie

To be specific, I don't have FB contact sync enabled; i.e. all my contacts are my "normal contacts".

If you then go to settings/FB and use update your contacts, for your existing contacts that it finds, it adds a "Facebook field", their facebook name, and their picture.

What I'm trying to do is manually match those that don't match whose FB accounts I know so I get their picture NOT import my 4000+ friends from FB and have their contacts...

----------

Syncme is no longer in the apple store; I think it does the same thing that IOS 6 now does by default

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

It looks like Sync.ME's app is being redesigned to work better with Facebook and should be out sometime soon. While on a basic level it does something similar to what the Facebook integration does in iOS 6, it has many more controls as to what data you want to sync (or don't want to sync), as well as various options as to how that data will actually sync. It allows you to simply associate Facebook data with your already existing contacts--both automatically and manually, if needed--and it doesn't import tons of other Facebook friends (that you don't really want/need on your phone) to add to your contacts.

6. juan9999 thread starter macrumors newbie

Great, I look forward to it.

While waiting, is there a manual way to associate a facebook account to an existing phone contact so that you can get photos etc?

7. juan9999 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hum, I've even tried adding someone's FB address to their contact hoping it would help the search algorithm associate the existing contact to their FB account, but that does not work either :(