Facebook crashing wifi connection. Please help

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Kiwicrusaders, May 7, 2011.

1. Kiwicrusaders macrumors newbie

I have an iPod touch 4g, awesome device. But I'm having problems with the Facebook app. Everytime I open the app, it crashes my wifi connection and I have to reset my modem. This is the only app that does this and other than Facebook I have no issues with surfing the net and have played games online as well. I have tried deleting the app.... Not sure what else to do. when I fist had the app it seemed to be working ok...albeit a bit slow.

Not sure what modem I have, think it's a Thompson (just from my network provider) and whether it could be the problem. Or if I should just give up on the app.

2. Punch1969 macrumors newbie

Any luck? Same problem here

Hi - just wondering if you had any luck sorting out your problem with the facebook app crashing the wifi connection. I've just bought an ipod touch 4g for my son's birthday and each time he goes onto the Facebook app our wifi crashes out. Looking for a solution as this is one of the reasons he wanted one!

Thanks for any help

3. izzyfanto macrumors regular

izzyfanto

me too: 4gen iTouch + Thomson gateway + Facebook app = Internet crash/gateway restart