Facebook does not appear in Settings > Notifications

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by harikarikrishna, Feb 8, 2014.

1. harikarikrishna macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I've just got an iPhone 5 - Facebook notifications don't work, although notifications for all other apps seem fine. I realise this is quite a common problem!

However!

In my case, FB doesn't even appear in the list of apps under Settings > Notification Centre. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, turned off Facebook platform, checked FB app notification settings and even reset the handset and started from scratch. No dice.

Can anyone help?

2. harikarikrishna thread starter macrumors newbie

Quick update - logging out of the fb app makes it appear in Notifications Center - but even then, no notifications appear.

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? All my friends with iPhones get notifications just fine, so I'm struggling to figure out why I'm affected when they're not?

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Go in to the FB app itself. On the More tab scroll down and press on Account Settings. Go down to Notification and press on that.

Scroll down to Mobile Push and press on that. Make sure everything is checked. At the top under sound press the edit button and make sure you have "All notification, except the ones you unsubscribe from" selected. The FB defaul for some stupid, stupid reason is the other one about account, security and privacy.

Note that you will not get ANY system FB notifications (just the red bubble in the FB app) if you are using the FB app when an event occurs.

Hope that helps.

4. harikarikrishna thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks - yes, I did spot the default notification setting in the app itself and changed that to 'all'. Still, no dice!

5. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Try holding the home and sleep button at the same time until you see the apple logo.

6. harikarikrishna thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, tried that with no success

7. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

It might be a problem with Facebook it's self witch would mean they need to fix it in an app update.