Facebook doesn't load on 3G Network

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Echleon, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Echleon macrumors newbie

Hey there, I got my iPhone yesterday and I am loving :) but I have an issue at the moment.

Facebook doesn't load when I try and access it using 3G. I just got the 'cannot connect' message or whatever it is. All other websites and Appstore will load on 3G, but not Facebook. It does work using Wi-fi but i'd like you use it out and about sometimes.

Neither the Facebook App, Web App, or just typing the URL into Safari work. I have tried to clear the Cache, reinstall the app, do a hard reset of Safari and everything but still no success :(

Anybody else had this problem before?

2. millar876 macrumors 6502a

millar876

Thats strange, Facebook loads fine on my origional (EDGE) iPhone, maybe its a problem with the 3G siglal in your area. Try Turning off 3G and loading the app.

if not make sure its all up to date (phone FW and app version) maybe even do a restore.

Sorry I cant be more help:eek:

3. Echleon thread starter macrumors newbie

I was thinking that it could be the 3G signal in my area, but if that was so, I don't see how all other websites and appstore would work :(

I have friends who use Facebook on 3G too and it seems to work fine :(

4. scousebarry macrumors newbie

I too have this problem...but sometimes i do manage to get on to facebook it will not update itself :confused::confused::confused:

5. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

im getting this problem over edge too (no 3G signal at work!)...

the facebook app opens but doesn't refresh any data..

6. Snapperjw macrumors regular

Same Problem Too!

I'm having the same problem. Must be a O2 UK issue!!!
    My O2 3g iphone has been fine with facebook but since last night it will not work when i'm out and about ( 3g network )

I logged off of Facebook this morning thinking this would fix it but now I can't log back on "Unable To Connect To Facebook, Please Try Again Later"

So I'm guessing that this must be an issue with O2 and their 3g network.

I check facebook ( or I use to ) all the time on my iphone!

Anyone get any ideas further details on this one?

Snapper

7. Echleon thread starter macrumors newbie

Snapper, that is identical to the problem I am having so it must be an O2 issue - hopefully it will be resolved soon.

8. gath1005 macrumors newbie

happened for me as well, really bad timing as its the only thing that keeps me sane in work sometimes. Though for me it will connect to everything else fine, which makes me think that it could be a problem with facebook, not just O2 UK, just speculation though

9. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Its an O2 problem. I have a friend with some Nokia on O2 and she also cannot access facebook. I also can not access it on my iPhone using the app or safari.

10. Snapperjw macrumors regular

I think it is O2 because I'm sure it worked ok at home this morning and that was because I was on my WIFI network. So it would seem to be a network issue rather than an APP issue.

11. Snapperjw macrumors regular

12. scousebarry macrumors newbie

13. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Working now for me - seemingly an O2 problem. If you have a timeout on 3G, sometimes just turning off 3G can help - it seems 3G can sometimes time out, even though there's GPRS/EDGE signal. Having a low EDGE signal, can do the same thing.

14. Stilatos macrumors newbie

Hi to all

I believe that this is an application problem. (amond the numerous FB app has):p

I have the same experience and has nothing to do with the reception (happens even downtown) it just some times does not refresh and does not "clear" the photos.

Cheers!

15. O2-guy macrumors newbie