Facebook doesn't save cookies on Safari.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by odedia, Dec 23, 2008.

1. odedia macrumors 65816

I keep getting the login screen from facebook while working with Safari (latest version, happened in previous versions as well).

I can use Facebook a little, but eventually it just logs me out again after a few minutes.

This doesn't happen in firefox on the mac, nor on Safari, firefox, explorer or chrome on Windows.

I tried resetting safari, emptying cache, etc... I verified that privacy mode is turned off.

Any ideas?

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

3. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

common problem, I had it too.

It stopped, but I had it in IE at school once.

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

forgive me, but what does adium have to do with this?

unless you mean using adium with facebook...then i see where your coming from

5. kolax macrumors G3

Facebook is pretty buggy or just incompatible with Safari :rolleyes:

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

works perfectly fine if not better than on IE with my and my girlfriends MBP's

7. kolax macrumors G3

Most of the time - but I've had to log in twice at once because the password was incorrect even though its an autofill form. And the homepage gets screwed up sometimes (shows stuff from weeks ago), which a refresh usually sorts.

The old Facebook worked fine..

8. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

did you check the link up the top?? i hope you didnt send ur email/password to a different phishing web site :p :rolleyes:

yea i prefer the old facebook too :(

9. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

http://trac.adiumx.com/ticket/11355

Yes, I figured the "with Facebook" was implicit.

10. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

11. kolax macrumors G3

No it's not a phishing site - it is just a bug. I have facebook.com in my Safari links bar.

It'll work fine for a week or so then ask for my password (as if the cookie expired, but I assumed the cookie was for a month) and I have to log in twice.

12. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

haha ok i see.

i always need to log into facebook, myspace aswell.. even though the "remember me" is clicked. it doesnt really bother me because i have autofill selected, just a click of a button.. but meh. i guess it would get annoying if you just want it to instantly take you to your homepage.

13. odedia thread starter macrumors 65816

Amazingly, 5 minutes after posting this message i solved the issue, and it is indeed have to do with Adium. Basically, I have 2 programs trying to access my facebook login at the same time and therefore they disconnect each other.

Very annoying bug, but for some reason - this only happens on Safari, you'd think the same will happen with Firefox too, because there as well you have 2 programs competing for login access.

Thanks for all the help BlueRevolution!