Facebook doesn't send pushesh to my iPad2!!!

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by molisoft, Jan 24, 2012.

1. molisoft macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I have enabled all the push notifications in the settings for facebook application (downloaded from app store) but no pushes appear!
    What's the problem?

Thanks in advance.

2. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

no friends?

sorry. so in (system) Settings you have things enabled. are you on Wifi or in 3G? getting other signals/notifications?

Do you have a Smart Cover (or the like) on it?
    Sometimes if it has been "off" for a while with smart cover i don't always get a chime. But if I have been in it recently it will go off.

3. molisoft thread starter macrumors newbie

everything is ok and all other apps like IM+ have their own pushes but facebook app doesn't work at all, even when I open the app,push the home button and wait for pushes, I send myself a message,nothing happens.
    Its push is enabled in the settings.

I have iPad2 with iOS 5 and using the latest facebook appl
    thnaks.

4. adnbek macrumors 65816

adnbek

Push notifications for Facebook have never worked properly. I sometimes get them and sometimes not.

Has to be on their end since it's the only app that does that.

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

The actual Facebook site doesn't work right most of the time, how could anyone think their app would?

6. molisoft thread starter macrumors newbie

So is there any RSS reader with push notifications enabled, that I can set my facebook notifications RSS feed and the app pushes them to me?