Facebook doesn't send pushesh to my iPad2!!!

molisoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
Hi,
I have enabled all the push notifications in the settings for facebook application (downloaded from app store) but no pushes appear!
What's the problem?

Thanks in advance.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68020
Oct 2, 2007
no friends?

sorry. so in (system) Settings you have things enabled. are you on Wifi or in 3G? getting other signals/notifications?

Do you have a Smart Cover (or the like) on it?
Sometimes if it has been "off" for a while with smart cover i don't always get a chime. But if I have been in it recently it will go off.

molisoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
no friends?

sorry. so in (system) Settings you have things enabled. are you on Wifi or in 3G? getting other signals/notifications?

Do you have a Smart Cover (or the like) on it?
Sometimes if it has been "off" for a while with smart cover i don't always get a chime. But if I have been in it recently it will go off.
everything is ok and all other apps like IM+ have their own pushes but facebook app doesn't work at all, even when I open the app,push the home button and wait for pushes, I send myself a message,nothing happens.
Its push is enabled in the settings.

I have iPad2 with iOS 5 and using the latest facebook appl
thnaks.

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Push notifications for Facebook have never worked properly. I sometimes get them and sometimes not.

Has to be on their end since it's the only app that does that.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
The actual Facebook site doesn't work right most of the time, how could anyone think their app would?

molisoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
So is there any RSS reader with push notifications enabled, that I can set my facebook notifications RSS feed and the app pushes them to me?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.