Facebook event errors - wrong day!

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by fosman, Oct 18, 2012.

1. fosman macrumors newbie

Hello,

So this is getting pretty annoying now. When people post all day events into Facebook, it syncs to my calendar - which I find pretty useful. Except it always appears as one day BEFORE the actual event. Not as useful.

For instance, when I check facebook online - I have an event for FRIDAY 19th. But it is in my iPhone as THURSDAY 18th. Opening up the calender entry and the date says Thursday 18th - no mention anywhere of the actual date. Likewise, facebook has no mention of Thursday - it is definitely happening tomorrow.

Couple of weeks ago (same week as the iOS update), I actually turned up to a venue for a party. The party was the following day. I'm still trying to convince people that I'm 'fashionably early'.

Is anyone else getting this issue? It's really frustrating when I'm trying to work out my week.

Thanks,

f

2. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

3. Westacular macrumors regular

It's a long-standing problem with Facebook's calendar exporting, that predates the iOS 6 Facebook integration (which sadly inherited this existing bug).

I can't believe they STILL haven't fixed this. I reported it to both Apple and Facebook a while back but have heard nothing.

4. RobNYC macrumors 6502

I just noticed this problem myself, it's annoying.

5. A.flamingo macrumors newbie

Finally a thread about this! :)

I was starting to think that I was the only one having this problem. I have googled this for almost a week (in swedish, my native language), though no one seems to have this problem here in Sweden. I have tried changing time/time zones both forwards and backwards to get rid of it, but nothing seems to work. I have noticed that the problem, at least for me, only appear when there isn't a starting time for the event, is it the same way for you? And does any one have a solution for this? How do you handle it?

6. Westacular macrumors regular

Yes, it only affects all-day events (events for which no specific time was set). No real solution to it that I'm aware of, sadly. I just try to keep it in mind whenever looking at Facebook events on my calendar.

7. jcorbin macrumors 6502a

I think I even saw this on my android device before switching over.

8. Westacular macrumors regular

This appears to now be fixed on iOS, but not in other cases when you subscribe to the exported webcal feed that Facebook offers.

9. Theis macrumors newbie