Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SeaFox

macrumors 68030
Jul 22, 2003
Somewhere Else
Another app I use a lot that I will be deleting now. Thanks Facebook

Too late, they already got your personal info.
That's the problem with using an app with a "cloud" component of any sort. You can conscientiously object to Facebook and not get an account with them, but then they can just go buy up any companies you do share info with and get what they want that way.

To quote Wargames: The only way to win is not to play.

i4m

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2013
if you want to try a really great app that is similar, try Argus. I really like it.

Moves is better in my opinion. i will still use it, but more "carefully" :)

As soon as i see a "like" button, i'm walking!

C64

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2008
http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/05/05/after-facebook-deal-moves-app-changes-privacy-policy/

After Facebook Deal, Moves App Changes Privacy Policy

Moves, the fitness-tracking app recently acquired by Facebook, has changed its privacy policy to allow broader sharing of user data, including with Facebook.

As recently as Friday, Moves’s privacy policy said the company did not “disclose an individual user’s data to third parties,” without a user’s consent, unless compelled by law enforcement. The policy said it would stay in place even if Moves were acquired.

On Monday, the policy permitted a wider range of data sharing. “We may share information, including personally identifying information, with our Affiliates (companies that are part of our corporate groups of companies, including but not limited to Facebook) to help provide, understand, and improve our Services,” the policy says.

Well, that didn't take long.. :rolleyes:

To remind you, this is wat Moves sent all their users on April 24th, two weeks ago:

What does this mean for you as users of Moves? Moves will continue to operate as a standalone app, and there are no plans to change that or commingle data with Facebook.

Well played Moves. Cash in, flat out lie and screw over your users.

I wonder why people start to distrust startups and panic as soon as they're sold to bigger companies. Oh wait, no I don't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.