Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spillproof

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2009
USA
Very nice update, can't wait for it now. But I would think PN would be hell on the servers on both ends, so that's why I think it's not there yet.

joro

macrumors 68020
Jun 11, 2009
Virginia
I think PNs would almost be overwhelming for Facebook for the end user unless of course you turned off pretty much everything – no status updates, albums added, etc. Plus, the server load on Facebook would be tremendous. I’m sure it will come out eventually though in one of their updates.

hcoteen2008

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2008
Texas
And if you read a little bit lower it says,

The one feature everyone is asking for, Push Notifications, is in development but it won't make it into 3.0. You can expect it in a 3.1 update later this summer.

Sam21

macrumors member
May 30, 2009
Essex, England
I wont be updating.. The old one still shows photo comments in the news feed which is something the website and guessing the new version wont..
I'd much rather see what someone has said about a photo than one persons wallpost to another..

Pattycerts

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
I thought they already did an update for 3.0.

He released an update for iPhone 3.0 compatibility, but this new version he's making will be called facebook 3.0. Just a coincidence.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Looks fantastic.

I only recently signed up for Facebook and found the iPhone app very confusing. My wife said that they changed a lot of the FB site right before I signed up and the iPhone app is really more designed to match the setup of the 'old' FB instead of the new one.

So hopefully this update matches the web site a bit better since the current app is just a bit confusing.

vinay427

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2008
Yeah, really looks great and FINALLY adds the majority of Facebook functionality. At least 3.1 will have PN when it's released in late summer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.