Facebook for iPhone hacked?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Macman74, May 2, 2011.

1. Macman74 macrumors member

Hey everyone,

Can someone with more security expierance tell me more about the (What appears to be a Trojan) virus running thru Facebook? I see several users that have a status update called "Dad walks in on daughter" that takes you to a page prompting you to solve a mathmatecial equasion for legitimecy purposes then spreads itself to your wall.

Anyone know any more? How could this comprmise our phone's data or compromise end user data?

Thanks,

MacMan74

2. dpetree macrumors member

macman

there are plenty of Virus's/ Trojens going around facebook. All of them are like

"dad walks in on daughter"
    "see who viewed your profile"
    "check out this funny video you are in"

and so on, and so on.

The list goes on and on. The smart thing to do is NOT click these links. No matter what they are and who sent them to you. The thing the virus does is, if you click it, it will then send to everyone in your facebook profile the virus FROM YOU. So they think its coming from you. This has been going on for a very long time but has recently picked up a lot of power from somewhere.

The bottom line is, do not click on the links.. Why would you want to watch "Dad walks in on daughter",

3. Macman74 thread starter macrumors member

I'm not saying that I clicked it, I'm saying that I have seen it popping up in the last 24 hours and wanted to know what it's potential was. As an empolyee in the IT field, things like this peak my interest since it affects myself, my friends, my family, my co-workers and my clients. So, the bottom line is that I'm trying to become knowledgeable of what's out there to safeguard the people around me from a big mess.

Thanks,

MacMan74

4. nateDEEZY macrumors 6502a

As far as I can see those types of "trojans" steal your contact info.