Facebook Friend Request Notifications Not Showing Up?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Wildo6882, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Wildo6882 macrumors 6502

Wildo6882

About a month ago I moved from Android to iOS. I'm using a 6s Plus. On my Android phones I always got a notification of when I had a friend request. I haven't gotten any on my iPhone. I only get them if I open the app and see the red number on the requests tab.

Anyone know how to get these to work? I have push notifications turned on, so I get them for comments, birthdays, etc. But not friend requests.

Thanks!

2. Wildo6882 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wildo6882

Bump.

Anyone got anything? I get every single notification from Facebook, except for friend requests. I have no idea why those don't come through. It's driving me nuts. I can't find an answer anywhere.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

My Facebook notifications have often been on and off as to some coming in or not, and I kind of stopped questioning it after a while and mostly use the app (or Safari) a few times a day to check on things (not counting messages which I have Messenger notify me about).

4. Wildo6882 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wildo6882

It's just strange since it seems like I get every other notification that comes in.

A friend of mine unfriended me and we tested it. When he requested me, I got no notification and after a few minutes of waiting, I opened the app and there it was. So we tried again and I sent him a friend request and it notified him on his phone within 20 seconds.

5. Wildo6882 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wildo6882

Just wanted to see if anyone has anything to add? This is still driving me bonkers!