Facebook Haptic Response

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by thatsmyfish, Jul 11, 2015.

1. thatsmyfish macrumors regular

I've noticed that text messages will give me a haptic notification but I don't receive them for Facebook notifications. I'll either note the red light at some point or see them come in as they happen, without haptic response.

Is this normal?

2. FellaMeLad macrumors member

FellaMeLad

Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap Notifications. Scroll down to Facebook. Is it enabled?

Fella.

3. thatsmyfish thread starter macrumors regular

Yes. I do receive the notifications. They just do not utilize the haptic engine.

4. FellaMeLad macrumors member

FellaMeLad

Ahhh I see. I don't use Facebook or have it installed, so I can't see if I experience the same. In your situation, I would try a hard reset. This has been seen to fix things when the Watch is playing up. Don't worry - a hard reset doesn't delete your data.

To do it, press the Digital Crown and the Friends (side) button at the same time. Keep them pressed for around 10-15 seconds and the Watch will eventually reboot.

Does this fix the issue?

Fella.

5. thatsmyfish thread starter macrumors regular

Unfortunately didn't work. Still no haptic feedback.

6. mitchsaunders macrumors 6502

I've got Facebook installed, they don't utilise the haptic feedback. The app itself on the phone doesn't use the vibration alerts for the app notifications, so i expected the same for the haptic on the watch. Annoying, hopefully they make it into a new update.

7. Recognition macrumors 6502

Recognition

Seems that this might be working now, I just got a haptic alert with sound for a Facebook notification!
    I updated my phone to the public beta 2 this evening so maybe something in that has enabled it now?

8. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

You need to go into Facebook settings in the app itself- and under mobile push notifications, you can enable sound for every notification. Then you will get haptic vibrations :)

Tuck

9. jekim macrumors member

Thanks. This worked for me.