Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moe Ahmad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2020
Hello folks over there,
I'm having iphone 11, facing such a weird thing that my phone heats up when I'm using the facebook app
Please clear it if you facing that too
Thanks, stay save

Reactions: KsE1021 and Tsepz

Adambomb13

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2011
Yes, My Iphone 11 Pro Max "SOMETIMES" heats up with Facebook as well, I force close it and it cools. I have tried rebooting, uninstall/reinstall but once in awhile it gets pretty warm and i "think" it drains the battery as well.

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
Hello folks over there,
I'm having iphone 11, facing such a weird thing that my phone heats up when I'm using the facebook app
Thanks, stay save
Same here on iPhone XR (12.4.1) the last 2 updates have done this. I do not recall any other version of Facebook doing this, ever.

Moe Ahmad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2020
Same here on iPhone XR (12.4.1) the last 2 updates have done this. I do not recall any other version of Facebook doing this, ever.
Yes, the latest one especially is too terrible
And it drains the battery so fast

AdamNC

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2018
Leland NC
I have noticed the last two FB updates are complete battery hogs. Use it roughly 1 hour a day. And it is now the 2nd highest use of my battery life it was the 4th.

Moe Ahmad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2020
I have noticed the last two FB updates are complete battery hogs. Use it roughly 1 hour a day. And it is now the 2nd highest use of my battery life it was the 4th.
Yes!
I've noticed that as well!
Especially that latest update that really hogs the battery so much!

Reactions: KsE1021

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
Same happens to me too. No problems with the other apps from Facebook, but this one is really bad. I’ve switched back to friendly.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
Same here. Can't say I've ever noticed any of my iPhones ever heating up until yesterday mine got rather hot while on Facebook.

KsE1021

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2020
Hello folks over there,
Thanks, stay save
Same thing is happening to me too!

Moe Ahmad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2020
There is a new upgrade from facebook, hope you try it and expose your experience after the latest upgrade

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Earlier on, this forum promoted an app called lockdown, which works like a system-wide ad-blocker. I am using it, and find that it speeds up my iPhone 8+ fairly significantly (which just goes to show how many trackers are in effect at all times).

You might want to try the app out, and see if it improves your Facebook browsing experience any.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.