Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jmanp17

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
So my computer won't let me upload pictures to Facebook. I click Add photos, choose the photo, and it gives me a notification that they couldn't complete my request, and that they're "working on it" while everyone else is posting pictures. BUT, It's my computer that's doing it, my buddy was able to post his just fine. What can this be? I can't find info on this anywhere, and I got a whole lot of pics to upload. This happens on all browsers.

Jmanp17

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
I've tried that multiple times. Is there a way I can reset Facebook, in a sense?

Jmanp17

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
I'll give it a try, but what about if I ever wanted to attach a photo through message? I don't think there's basic for messages. I was thinking, maybe a flash problem? I'm not sure, but it's frustrating.

Last edited:

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I'll give it a try, but what about if I ever wanted to attach a photo through message? I don't think there's basic for messages. I was thinking, maybe a flash problem? I'm not sure, but it's frustrating.

Here is the official Facebook help doc on this:

https://www.facebook.com/help/167931376599294/

How big are your photos? They recommend less than 15MB. You might want to reinstall Flash, I had a lot of issues with YouTube and stuff not showing up until I did.

Jmanp17

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
I'll try the reinstall for flash tomorrow, which I'm sure is the problem. And can you direct me to the Basic Uploader? Every tutorial is outdated I've found so far.

Jmanp17

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
Did you try instagram or some third party uploader?

Nah, I'm not in tune with all that stuff. Right now I'm gonna let it alone, and when I really need to upload a pic, I'll just reinstall Flash. This is my school computer, which has been working fine with Facebook, but I'm almost all graduated up and I'll be able to give it back. Just bought the new iMac yesterday. So crazy.

arogge

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2002
Tatooine
Try Bloom

Facebook uploading has always been pretty bad. I use Bloom to upload photos, which is much more reliable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.