Facebook - i hate logging in

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thecritix, Sep 5, 2007.

1. thecritix macrumors 6502

I'm a bit of a facebook junkie, and basically i can't be bothered with entering my login details again when i want to sign in..

my networks secure, i keep my computer safe and to be honest i dont really give a rats ass if someone can hack it using port 9848 on terminal 15..

basically i just want to be able to click in and out without all this hassle.

if anybody can spare a few moments just to let me know of some app that will sort this for me i would be very grateful
    thanks
    nick

ps, please no patronising comments about 'hassle=security' or similar, I'm aware of the implications :)

2. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Uh, use Firefox? Safari sucks - I haven't entered a password in years.

3. thecritix thread starter macrumors 6502

but i like safari, it opens so much quicker and doesnt feel cheap..
    i dont mind firefox, it just feels like im using a windows app.

4. TimJim macrumors 6502a

agreed.

but anyway, to auto login, go to Keychain Acces>Press + Button in bottom to add> Add facebook user name and stuff...figure it out...

5. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

have Safari remember your Facebook password so you can just hit enter or click "login" instead of having to type it each time.

i don't know of a way to have the website automatically log you in each time you navigate to it, aside from never actually quitting Safari (just hiding it or closing the window).

6. Fiveos22 macrumors 65816

Fiveos22

Try Camino [official site]. Its the Mozilla Mac project, all the goodness of Mozilla, perhaps even speedier than Firefox (subjective), and built for OSX.

7. Nugget macrumors 65816

Nugget

I heartily recommend 1Passwd which is worth twice its price and you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.

Failing that, there's a free solution for Safari which will allow it to store login credentials even on sites like your bank where the html tells the browser to disallow it. Quit Safari, fire up terminal, and run these commands:
    Code:
    sudo sh
    cd /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/WebCore.framework/Versions/A/
    mv WebCore WebCore.orig
    perl -pe 's/(\000)a(utocomplete\000)/\1_\2/gsi' < WebCore.orig > WebCore

I still recommend 1Passwd, though. :)