Facebook, iCal, iPhoto, Address Book

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by myz06vette, Oct 9, 2011.

1. myz06vette macrumors newbie

Hopefully this is the right forum for this thread.

So I'm preparing for the iPhone 4S launch this week and trying to get all my data synchronized and organized. These are the applications I want to "sync":

Facebook, iCal, iPhoto, and Address Book.

All of them are great on their own, but I want to find a better way of integrating them all - and it mostly comes down to Facebook integration, since that's where so much data about my friends / contacts already is:

Name, birthday, phone number, current location, email address, website, profile photo, etc.

So the question (multiple parts):

Is there a way to take the profile photo from Facebook and sync it with Address Book on the Mac?

Is there a way to sync birthdays from Facebook and sync with Address Book and iCal?

Is there a way to synchronize all contacts from Facebook to Address Book (export as CSV, etc)?

Is there a way to use the Facebook photos in Address Book for Faces?

Is there a way when I add a new contact on my iPhone, it'll sync with Address Book on my Mac automatically, add that new contact, then sync with Facebook to find that person's profile photo, birthday, etc (as listed above) if I'm friends with them there already?

Hopefully this all makes sense what I'm trying to do and why. If anyone has found a solution that integrates all these nicely, I'd love to hear about it.

So far, the only thing I've found is AddressBookSync that downloads photos and birthdays from Facebook. That works decent, but looking for the next level.

----------
    Update:

Looks like this may work for exporting Facebook Phonebook data on the desktop using Firefox and GreaseMonkey. It doesn't have any kind of sync feature, so you'd have to do it periodically.

http://www.maciverse.com/add-your-facebook-friends-phone-numbers-to-address-book.html

----------

2. ataman macrumors newbie

First of all, you can synch Facebook pictures and some info using the Facebook app on the iPhone. click on friends, then click top right corner and select sync...