Facebook in China...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AmbiguousNinja, Aug 19, 2011.

1. AmbiguousNinja macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

As most of you know, China hates Facebook and I can't access it while I'm here. I found a few VPNs that seemed to work at first but it only led me to a "Your account has been temporarily locked. Please enter the the text below to verify that you own this account" screen but the text below never finishes loading. Is there any free way to access Facebook in china? Thanks :p

2. 808? macrumors 6502a

3. AmbiguousNinja thread starter macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

Tried a few, can anyone recommend any?

----------

Normally I don't use Facebook too much but right now it's the only way for me to communicate with my parents. :p

4. 808? macrumors 6502a

I am sure email with your parents or send them messages via Viber, Whatsapp or Skype.

5. nickcao macrumors member

You can try to change the hosts file in your mac system. and say "Thank you GFW!"
    thx

6. tcador macrumors regular

i use my personal web hosting account to tunnel http over ssh. I've tried many of the other VPNs available and they seem to work too, however i have experience slow downs which is why i decided to use my own solution that isn't affected by others.

7. TheJing macrumors 6502a

TheJing

If you and your parents were able to create Facebook you both have an email account. Just use that instead of Facebook.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

No, China doesn't hate Facebook; they just want control over the media.

I'm pretty sure the US government would want to do the same, just the constitution doesn't let them.

That said, you can either use a VPN or a proxy. I use a VPN.

Finally if it's just a tool to communicate with your parents, use email or MSN [Live messenger] (since Google seems to be slow too). Skype calling works as well if you need video chat.