Facebook integration and Contact photos issue

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by piecloud, Jul 4, 2012.

1. piecloud macrumors member

Here is my issue. I have a iCloud contact Joe Smith, with phone number, email and no photo. When I sync with Facebook to update the contacts, it finds a match and creates a Facebook contact with fb profile photo, and the stupid fb email address. The contacts app is smart enough to know it's the same contact, and it automatically creates the unified contact. So I have nice unified contact for Joe Smith with ph # and email (that I entered), tied to FB contact with photo, email and other details from FB.

Now the problem is when I receive a call from Joe Smith, I would expect to see the photo from fb, but unfortunately the phone app doesn't show the photo. So the fb integration seems to be useless at least for the photo. It doesn't display the unified contacts photo. Does it behave like this for everyone?

2. ZeRoLiMiT macrumors 6502a

ZeRoLiMiT

go into contacts and uncheck facebook so it only shows the LINK accounts and wont show the facebook contacts you dont want ;)

you also have to specify what photo you want to show

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Op fb are working on a new app that will solve this issue but as above uncheck

4. momoz macrumors newbie

The strangest thing.. I get the fb integration with contacts..

What I have is some contacts that were on my phone but NOT friends on FB. It linked and downloaded their FB profile picture. It doesn't have a small F in the lower left corner like my FB friends pics.

Very odd.... and kinda creepy.. I have numerous work contacts that I am not friends on FB with and now I have their pics on my phone.

Also.. What determines wheather it shows a BIG picture or just the contact name and a small picture at the top??

Mike

5. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Why can't we just have an option when setting it up to uncheck contacts BEFORE it uploads. I haven't turned it on because of this.