Facebook "integration" woes, and how to fix this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dontwalkhand, Oct 6, 2014.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

This is the downside I guess to clicking that "Sync Contacts" button inside of the iOS settings app. Contacts such as Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Valley Metro in my phone are synching up with some random person's profile on Facebook, presumably because these idiots used the phone numbers for these companies inside of their profile as their personal numbers.

Now the problem lies here:
    IMG_0005.jpg IMG_0006.jpg

I don't know any of these people on my contacts list, but iOS decided to link them up to these companies that I keep in my contacts list. I have no idea who Danny Mclaren or Andrew McMullen are If I de-link their useless profiles, it finds its way at re-adding it all by itself! If I turn off Facebook syncing, all of the pictures that I have synced over from Facebook for the people that I do know, go away as well!

Does anyone else have this issue?

Also, maybe someone can record these jerks to Facebook for putting these as phone numbers? I am sure that now EVERYBODY who has an iPhone who has Bank of America in their contacts list on their iPhone, with Facebook synced, has this idiot.

2. dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

just tested for you Valley Metro shows some guy names Juan Carlos Alvarado but no picture, Bank of America is same McMullen name but no photo