Facebook iPhone 3.5

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ngaham, Sep 8, 2011.

1. ngaham macrumors regular

ngaham

Does anyone else have issues with the new Facebook app? I downloaded the new update that is suppose to allow tagging people in your status but I don't have that feature. However, my wife has it on her phone. Any ideas?

2. iPhone3gPSU macrumors member

It is such a relief to know that I am not the only one with this issue!! I have the same problem. I downloaded the update... nothing new. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and no luck. I did check the version number under settings (in the general settings of the iPhone) and it lists the version as 3.5, but yet none of the features. The only thing I can think of is that this is something that Facebook has to update. I Google'd the issue and it doesn't look like there are a ton of people with this problem - wierd, right?! :confused:

3. ngaham thread starter macrumors regular

ngaham

I have tried the same thing. I even restored my phone to see if that would fix it and no luck. I am running iOS 5 Beta 7 so maybe that has something to do with it.

4. jplusc macrumors 6502a

these features have not been rolled out to everyone yet. I was in the same boat (on ios 5 B 7) and I did not have them. Today when I logged on to FB i was greeted with a notification of the new features. Once that happened they appeared in the app for me as well.

5. iPhone3gPSU macrumors member

That was exactly what it was! Go to Facebook on your computer and post something. You should have something telling you that there are new features... That will enable the iPhone app immediately!

6. ngaham thread starter macrumors regular

ngaham