Facebook iPhone app - 604 vs 720 photo resolution

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by occamsrazor, May 30, 2010.

1. occamsrazor macrumors 6502

occamsrazor

Hi,

So my iPhone 3GS photos are 2048 x 1536 pixels.

When you upload such photos to Facebook using a normal browser interface on a Mac it resizes them down to 720 pixels wide, automatically on upload.

However when you upload them to Facebook using the Facebook iPhone application is resizes them down in a similar way - except to only 604 pixels wide.

I know that a few months ago FB increased the size from 604 to 720, my question is why haven't they increased the iPhone app too? And my second question is does anyone know a way to upload at the higher 720 pixel resolution from an iPhone e.g. by using some 3rd party app (preferably free) or otherwise?

Thanks.....

2. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Facebook rarely updates their app. It also doesn't reflect that "becoming a fan" is now called "liking" ...and that's been aroun for a while now.

If you email in your mobile uploads (find your private email address at facebook.com/mobile) then they will upload at full resolution.

3. occamsrazor thread starter macrumors 6502

occamsrazor

Appreciate for the reply... however posting via email wouldn't allow me to:

a) Choose which album the photo goes into.
    b) Write a caption for it

Both of which I need....