Facebook iPhone app issue

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by hoosiersunited, Feb 9, 2011.

1. hoosiersunited macrumors member

First post (been visiting for a while, but never registered). My wife and I each got our iPhones for Verizon this week, and everything has been great but one glitch on my wife's phone.

Every time she launches the Facebook app it logs her out, either upon launching or when she is in the app. I haven't had any issue with mine. I was wondering if anyone has seen this before, or has any ideas on what to do. We've uninstalled the app, shut down the phone, resynched with the laptop but no dice.

Thanks in advance!

2. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

When you uninstalled the app did you delete it from the phone and from your computer and re-download it or just delete it from her phone?

3. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Did she recently change her password via Facebook's web site? I know I changed my password this past weekend, and it kept logging me off each time I launched the app on my phone. It's been working fine since though.

But as kuebby suggested, I would delete the app off your phone and on your computer, and re-install it (if you haven't already done so).

4. hoosiersunited thread starter macrumors member

kuebby - hadn't deleted from iTunes. That'll be next step, thanks.

nburwell - she didnt change her password.

Saw on FB's FB page that there are a lot of ppl with the issue and that basically continually trying seems to work. Thanks for the advice - will see what happens.

5. hoosiersunited thread starter macrumors member

Just as an update, we uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of more times and it has been working fine (knock on wood). Seems to be a wonky app, but at least it's working now.

Thanks.

6. jonmars macrumors regular

@hoosiersunited: I had the same issue and it worked after 3 install/uninstall ;)

For your information, I developed an app which will allow you to manage your adressbook and to sync your contacts with your facebook friends: it is called ContactsXL 3 +sync with Facebook

see ya