Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hailst0rm

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2008
I had to delete the Facebook app and reinstall for the push notification options to come up on my phone. Did try restarting the phone before that but made little difference.

philitup23

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2009
I had to delete the Facebook app and reinstall for the push notification options to come up on my phone. Did try restarting the phone before that but made little difference.

Thanks...I was wondering why nothing was being pushed through

jayP1201

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2010
I dont hear the Push Notifications

I have the Push working for Facebook but I cant hear anything... The notifications just come up... How do I set the sound?

room237

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2008
Queens, NYC
I have the Push working for Facebook but I cant hear anything... The notifications just come up... How do I set the sound?

Should be in:

Settings > Notifications > Facebook

Although I still get NO notifications no matter what, so I can't guarantee that'll work :(

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
and the logging chat is still bugging what mean by that is each time i exit the facebook application and open it back it logs me in the chat even know i logged off before exiting the application... anyone else have this problem?

80s Fan

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2008
has anyone tried syncing the contacts yet? i'm curious what information gets pulled down and tied to a contact besides the profile picture and "links."

I'm wondering this too. I had thought it sounded cool until I got to the "I Agree" screen and saw the verbiage about making sure the info that gets pulled from your phone to Facebook is ok with your friends. I clicked "I don't agree" and decided to cone here to see what others are saying.

Thanks.

melchior

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2002
I'm wondering this too. I had thought it sounded cool until I got to the "I Agree" screen and saw the verbiage about making sure the info that gets pulled from your phone to Facebook is ok with your friends. I clicked "I don't agree" and decided to cone here to see what others are saying.

Thanks.

so, even for contacts that i am not friends with, but i have an email address for it pulls their photo and makes a link under the homepage field example: fp://profile/562005566 which of course opens the facebook app when you touched.

no other info...

kmcrawford

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2008
Some photos don't sync

Any know why some users photos don't sync? My photo doesn't show up on my wife's phone, but many of her friends photos' do.

btw, I have seen other info posted like my friend's Sister's name and etc.

jayP1201

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2010
Still no sound

Reset the phone and I get the notifications but can't hear any sound when I get them? anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

biggrim

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
It posts wall posts, private messages, invitations, the lot. I hate that app on Facebook. I have it blocked now.

How do you block farmville? It's annoying me the amount of posts I get a day from people who've found a sparkly pure egg or a wounded badger. I'd love to not have all that guff clogging up my iPhone screen.

I am having similar issues with notification sounds in that I get none. Not too fussed but would be nice if it did exactly what it said on the tin.

alangrehan

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
Not really sure of the point of push as emails come through about facebook activity anyway.....

Contacts sync is an awesome idea though! Just did it and it downloads the photos and puts a link to the facebook page in each contact....

It doesn't mess up your contacts at all!

diamond3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
How do you block farmville? It's annoying me the amount of posts I get a day from people who've found a sparkly pure egg or a wounded badger. I'd love to not have all that guff clogging up my iPhone screen.

I am having similar issues with notification sounds in that I get none. Not too fussed but would be nice if it did exactly what it said on the tin.

Try going to settings->application settings
Once the page loads, go to the drop down box and select "allowed to post"
Find farmville and click edit settings and you can change it there.

Also, on the news page you can go and click the hide next to any farmville news, then you can select Hide Farmville. This will prevent it from showing up in the news feed.

elfxmilhouse

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Northeast USA
can the new app play facebook videos?

i hate how you can see and click on the videos in the facebook app but it would just give you a message stating videos are not supported....THEN WHY DO YOU SHOW IT IN tHE FEED?!

appleguy

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2002
Auckland, NZ
something I noticed its also gone through my address book and linked people to facebook accounts I dont have as friends (on facebook)
some of them are way wrong ie some I know they dont have facebook but its added someone with the same name

appleguy

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2002
Auckland, NZ
something I noticed its also gone through my address book and linked people to facebook accounts I dont have as friends (on facebook)
some of them are way wrong ie some I know they dont have facebook but its added someone with the same name
Now this is ****
I am deleting the fb:/profile link but it keeps wanting to sync it down

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
the notifications are pretty fast I got the notification as soon as some one posted on my comment. I may switch my boxcar notifications for twitter now if this how fast notifications come through

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.