Facebook iPhone login error

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by msharpmu, Oct 3, 2008.

1. msharpmu macrumors regular

I just downloaded facebook for my iphone and it will not let me login. I restarted my iphone, reinstalled the program, nothing seems to work. Has anyone else had this problem? How can I fix it?

(Sorry, if this is a repost. I tried to find help in the macrumors forums but couild not find anything.)

2. reetcher macrumors member

3. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=573300

1 other thread that I know of on it. I am having issues as well. It has something to do with the app. I tried all of that reinstall crap on my phone, with no joy. To top it off, I bought another phone and tried it on there and it still didn't work. Not sure what the issue is. At least one guy in the linked thread had success finally.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I think it's the same as everyone downloading 2.0 Firmware, everyone downloading the Facebook update at the same time. According to the prompt, "you can try later!" I ran into the same thing, but 12 hours later it was up and running. :cool:

5. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

I am not getting any prompt what-so-ever. I have been trying to login for 2 days.

6. msharpmu thread starter macrumors regular

The problem is not downloading the software. It downloads and installs easily. The problem is with the "log in" at the application level. Any advice?