Facebook is for loosers

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by needthephone, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. needthephone macrumors 6502a

I'm not usually one for this "winners" and "loosers" crap but my conclusion is that Facebook is used by people who want you to think theyr'e having such a great life when in fact they are desperate loosers caught up in this fad to try and project an image of themselves which isn't real.

Everywhere you see people taking photos of them and their equally desperate group of freinds and then rushing to post these photos on to their loathsome facebook sites just to prove what fabulous and exciting lives they are having.

It's all a pathetic lie.

People get up in the morning and think god, I need a great photo of me doing something exciting or with a "hot" girl/boy just to show that I have some validity in life and can keep in with my equally vacuous loathsome friends.

They may want to just stay at home and watch DVD's but no they rush to some bar, go bungy jumping just to get their picture.

They become like magazine editors trying to get that front page scoop for the newspaper chronicling their important and exciting lives all you other suckers wish you could live too.

If you need a photo to proove what fun you are having to the rest of the world you certainly aren't having fun.

Pathetic. Facebook is the biggest waste of time and the sooner people realise this the better.

For some reason it consumes people and they are obsessed with facebook .

If anyone invites me to join their facebook group I will soon stop corresponding with them if I can. I think this person has no hope and I no longer wish to know them.

2. Queso macrumors G4

Please. Don't post about winners and losers with such appalling spelling. It makes you look rather foolish ;)

Whilst I've never seen the appeal of Facebook, there will be people on there that think MacRumors forums are for losers. Each to their own and all that. It's a big Internet. We don't all need to like the same thing.

3. Dejavu macrumors regular

Dejavu

You've given Facebook a lot of thought to formulate your opinion and subsequent post on Macrumors. Just food for thought...

4. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

So wouldn't that mean you have an account so that they can invite you to join their group?

Besides, just because some people do do what you've described, it doesn't mean the majority do. For example, I find pictures of myself uploaded and tagged, where myself I've only uploaded a profile picture. Now there's over 200 pictures of me from various events, and I don't go out that often. I've just gotten into the habit of untagging myself from the pictures.

This forum notwithstanding, facebook is the only online presence I have these days, and I'm conservative about what information is put on there.

Does that throw me in with the crowd you've just described?

Yes a lot of people do use it like you've mentioned, but then you'll always get people who use social websites like that. It is sad in a way, but to each their own.

5. needthephone thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok my spulling is bad.

Yes I have given facebook a lot of thought as I work with several w&$%ers who are obsessed with it and they are exactly the people I describe.

Pathetic loathsome creatures obsessed with being in the "In" crowd.

Sorry but I HATE it with a passion.

6. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

By even caring this much about people who use facebook and judging people for it you've proven you're not better than they are. You're worse.

You're looking far too much into something that isn't really a big deal. Stop over-analyzing life.

7. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

I find Facebook quite handy for contacting people I haven't seen in a while. For example I might have worked with someone five years ago, then find I am working with them again in a few months time. I don't feel like phoning them after all this time, but being able to send a quick message is handy.

I have maxed out all of the privacy settings on my page so it isn't full of annoying feeds, and I am not a member of many groups either. I have a few pics, like a selection of my wedding photos, some of my new motorbike but that's about it. The good thing about Facebook is that you can use it anyway you want, for me, it is just a souped up Address Book :)

8. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

O RLY?

For all its faults, I rather like Facebook.

Am I the only one who thinks maybe the OP is a bit jealous that he isn't in with the "In" crowd?

9. needthephone thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jealous, of you, no honestly I'm not, really.

You are all obvioulsy facebook losers-it's a stereotype but i was at a party last night (Honestly and not a photo on facebook so how can you believe me!!) and we were talking about facebook, myspace etc and we all were saying the same thing.

I never want to be in with the In crowd as these people are usually vacuous face book user types.

Facebook has spread as you people are desperate to be seen to be on the cusp of things and in fashion. So hey presto a social network of losers!

Fashion is another of my pet hates too!

10. garybUK Guest

garybUK

Yeah sounds like he has no friends.... my friends and I mainly use it (Facebook) as a photo sharing site :) I do play some of the applications (mostly Tuner Car Race) and we also use it for social gatherings (creating events etc).

I wouldn't say we use it to make us look big or cool, but it's an effective way to communicate with friends.

Sounds like a case of the little green monster to me ;)

11. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

I believe that too. I don't have an account in facebook and i don't want one either. But dude face it, you have passion with Facebook or else you wouldn't post a thread like this nor you would be so negative about these people. I don't like facebook either but if i wanted to express my opinion then the title of the tread would be something like "what do you think about facebook" and not something like yours.

12. yoppie macrumors 6502a

You sound like a loser for complaining about how people live/share their life with friends and family. If you don't like FaceBook then so be it but to make a full on attack on the people who find it useful/fun is lame. Everything isn't for everyone.

13. needthephone thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry but I do passiontly loath facebook, sorry can't help it. Iv'e always been a passionate person (who can't spell) !

Yes talking of people being losers etc is stupid but people who use face book are losers, they are loosing time, their lives, their personalities.

I would more identify myself with the guy in How To Loose friends and Alienate people than say some cool dude who goes to all the latest clubs.

Sorry but it's time us facebook haters stood up.

We are fed up with carrying you at work, covering for you, doing your work whilst you fritter away your and your'e copmpanies time on ffing facebook and people like me have to do your share of the work.

14. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

15. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

So, you're someone who has always aspired to getting in with the "in" crowd, but is constantly rejected and so spend your time ranting about how daft they are?

Yes. Yes it is stupid. Now stop trolling and go join MySpace or something.

And if you're going to call everyone losers, at least learn how to spell the sodding word correctly.

16. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

How do you REALLY feel about :rolleyes:. I get that social networking isn't all that its cracked up to be but you seem to have a personal vendetta about the whole thing...leading me to believe someone (a facebook user) has wronged/offended you in some way or you found out something on facebook that you'd rather not have known...maybe you saw pics of an ex with her new boyfriend...or as someone already mentioned you're jealous that you're not with the 'in' crowd perhaps

17. yoppie macrumors 6502a

With your spelling, I highly doubt you're covering for anyone at a professional workplace. Also, in case you haven't noticed you're wasting valuable time complaining instead of just living life. FaceBook is used in a variety of ways and is not limited to posting club pictures.

Quit browsing other people's photos that have nothing to do with you and go smell the roses. That's a better use of your time since FaceBook and other social sites like it are beneath you.

18. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

You have way too strong of an anti-opinion on facebook. Just deactivate your account and move on. Simple as that. Unless you're concerned with how others may perceive your anti status, so you keep it online as a tool to combust from the inside.

Personally, I think facebook is great. I have found many, many models/actors to use in my photography through that site. It's also an easy way to contact people when needed, in addition to promoting causes and/or events.

It is what you make of it. I guess you've made something rotten of it.

19. JBazz macrumors 6502

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I couldnt care less about who thinks I am a looser or a winner or who is with what crowd. I like facebook because I can keep up with coworkers from AirCal who are now scattered all over. I also like networking with other women in aviation.

20. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

To cut the OP some slack, 'facebook' is an appropriate spelling as, after all, that's how it's even written in the header and logo of the site.

@ the OP: I have a profile, and I don't consider myself a "loser" caught up in some "internet fad". It's helped me stay in contact with and to finally catch up with friends again from my old schools, that wouldn't be able to happen otherwise.

21. 748s macrumors 6502a

748s

What a great tattoo..... "Born Looser" :p
    Can you email me your mob name, I need more mobsters for Mob Wars, ta.

22. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You know... my passion is beets

But I discovered that when they are offered, all I have to do is say "no, thanks"
    That way I don't have to eat them,
    and everyone else that wants them can have all they want

Seems to work pretty well

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

23. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

This thread is funny. :D

I have a Facebook page but keep on forgetting I have it. I spend too much time here, I guess.

Time for some Beck.

24. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

Uhh, If you don't like it, don't use it?

Oh, and to mis-spell loser like 5 times doesn't make you sound any smarter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.