Facebook keeps crashing

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by derek1984, Oct 25, 2009.

1. derek1984 macrumors 6502a

Is anybody else having problems with the Facebook App? For the past 4 days, Facebook keeps crashing on me. I'll be on for 5 seconds, and then it crashes. Also, a lot of the time I can't even sign on to it. It says log in connection failed. Anybody else having these issues with Facebook recently? It's becoming unusable for me.

2. drwprtcht macrumors newbie

EXACT same issues. Seems like it does better when I'm on a wifi network, though.

3. Emulsion macrumors 6502

Ive been having the same issue. However mine extends to the desktop website also.

4. sivola macrumors newbie

I didn't use the app every second during the week-end, but when I tried it worked fine for me (iPod Touch, 3.1.2). We did experience some login issues with our iGift4u application right because of Facebook. It seems to be something affecting specific users though, not everyone. Facebook is going through major changes and probably the server where your info is stored is being affected.
    At least our app doesn't crash :D.

5. yukong macrumors newbie

Count me as one having crashing issues as well. Just started today for me. But it has been a constant problem all day today. Can rarely get into the app.

6. SuperKat macrumors regular

Yup

Today has been fine but yesterday was a nightmare. After being denied all day from iPhone I tried logging on to FB from my Mac and got a message that they were doing maintenance which was possible affecting my account. So I can't blame the app.

7. derek1984 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Today has been the worse so far. I can't even log onto Facebook. Connection just keeps failing.

And I don't have an issue with this on my MBP at home. Just the app on my iPhone. This is really frustrating. Hopefully they fix this soon..

8. kwyn macrumors regular

Me too! Past 4 or 5 days not just on iPhone but on my home laptop too

9. keepy69 macrumors newbie

Yes, same problem!! Is very irritating. Even if I eventually get to log in, heaven forbid read a few posts, it crashes when I try and post something!!:(