Facebook Live Now Offers Built-In Screen Sharing Feature

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Facebook Live, the feature that allows Facebook users to broadcast live video to followers and friends, was today updated with support for screen sharing.

As noticed by The Next Web, there's now a button for sharing your computer screen when broadcasting on Facebook Live.

Image via The Next Web​

Using the screen sharing feature requires a Facebook Screen Sharing browser extension to be installed in the Chrome browser.

Facebook's built-in screen sharing feature lets users decide what to share based on application, with an option available to stream specific browser tabs.

Screen sharing was previously available in Facebook Live, but it required third-party Open Broadcaster Software to use, and it was more complicated to get running than Facebook's new solution.

Article Link: Facebook Live Now Offers Built-In Screen Sharing Feature

WBRacing

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2012
UK
Deleted Facebook last year and never going back to that cesspool
It is odd how Google gets savaged for their business model on MR however Facebook always seems to get a pass. Especially odd when considering their opaque approach to data mining and privacy. Hey-ho..

Reactions: Srtlewis

Srtlewis

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2016
Yep. Seeing a headline about a massive security breach in the next couple of months. Just saying

yanksfan114

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2011
Here comes the illegal sports / movie streams via Facebook live. Instead of periscope links it’ll be all Facebook links.

TheRealTVGuy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
Orlando, FL
Anyone know if I can send horizontal video from my iPhone?

Every time I try the Facebook live feature, I only get vertical video. Yuck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.