Facebook Location Wrong....how to change?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by maskedfirefly, Aug 26, 2012.

1. maskedfirefly macrumors newbie

A few months ago I moved from one area to another.
    Everytime on Facebook when I change status/post in forums/emails etc it still has my locatation as my old town underneath 90% of the time.

When I'm out and about it auto changes to different parts of the town I live in, however instead of reverting back to my new homes locatation it pretty much always defaults back to my old locatation!,

Can anyone help me refresh it on a perm basis?

2. nalimOwl macrumors newbie

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Are you talking about when you're using facebook on your home computer it lists your old location?
    Or are you talking about when using the facebook app on your iphone?
    The app on the phone picks up geolocation pretty fast as soon as you open it and lists it on posts correctly.
    I think it might be an issue with your home router/modem still listing your old location.

4. maliu macrumors 6502a

Do you have location services turned on for Facebook?

5. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

When you make a post, there is a little symbol that looks like a pregnant exclamation mark. Select this and tell Facebook where you are.

6. andylyon macrumors 6502a

andylyon

Does this only happen when you are on your home wi-fi? This could be because your router has your old location in its cache assuming you brought the same router with you to your new place. I had a friend who had this exact same problem - a fresh set up from factory reset on his router sorted the problem.

Andy

7. Potz macrumors newbie

FB messenger location accuracy

Seems that when I send a message from my phone via FB, it gives the wrong location. When I'm home, it's says I'm in a parking lot not close to my house. Then on the next message it says I'm somewhere else not close to the last location, then switches back to the first location. Any reason for this. Does it not give a accurate placement for where I am?