Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soccercbr13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
Does anyone know of any apps that will put my facebook news feed on my lockscreen? I am semi new to having a jailbroken Iphone, I currently have intelliscreen and I love how world news stories refresh on my lockscreen, I was just hoping there was a way to do it with facebook news feeds..

iLoyal

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2010
1st.Go to http://www.facebook.com, press + at the bottom of the screen, add to home screen, tap add.
2nd.Tap the app (Facebook), the notification thing will pop out and just set however you want it to notify you.

These should be all done on your phone.

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
1st.Go to http://www.facebook.com, press + at the bottom of the screen, add to home screen, tap add.
2nd.Tap the app (Facebook), the notification thing will pop out and just set however you want it to notify you.

These should be all done on your phone.

:confused: Say what? That doesn't do anything close to what the OP asked.

OP, you're best bet is to track down the URL for the RSS of your news feed (google it) and then use that in a RSS widget. I haven't seen a FB specific news feed widget out there, which doesn't make sense to me but I guess no iphone jailbreak developers have had that itch yet.

Last edited:

Soccercbr13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
Ha, glad I was not the only one confused by that. Anyways, thanks for the info, ill give it a shot. Shame there isnt already and interface for it, as popular as facebook is I would have thought this would have been created ages ago.

iLoyal

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2010
Lmao... I am sorry OP, I have no idea, when, where, why, and how I wrote that....

Soccercbr13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
Haha, I was rather confused when nothing was pooping up on my Lockscreen.. Anyway, does any one have a recommendation for best Lockscreen app? Ive tried both Intelliscreen and Lockinfo. Intelliscreen is by far the better looking of the two, but I cant seem to figure out a way to do this RSS trick with intelliscreen. Any suggestions?

ratzzo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2011
Madrid
I have no idea really how you could manage that.. if. While I know it's not the same by any means, you could use LockInfo to track your FB notifications right from your lockscreen.

Elweezy

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2011
I believe in cydia (cydgits) there is a designated Facebook lock screen download... Name "Facebook Lockscreen" not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.