Facebook Lockscreen

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Soccercbr13, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Soccercbr13 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know of any apps that will put my facebook news feed on my lockscreen? I am semi new to having a jailbroken Iphone, I currently have intelliscreen and I love how world news stories refresh on my lockscreen, I was just hoping there was a way to do it with facebook news feeds..

2. iLoyal macrumors regular

1st.Go to www.facebook.com, press + at the bottom of the screen, add to home screen, tap add.
    2nd.Tap the app (Facebook), the notification thing will pop out and just set however you want it to notify you.

These should be all done on your phone.

3. jaseone, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011

jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

:confused: Say what? That doesn't do anything close to what the OP asked.

OP, you're best bet is to track down the URL for the RSS of your news feed (google it) and then use that in a RSS widget. I haven't seen a FB specific news feed widget out there, which doesn't make sense to me but I guess no iphone jailbreak developers have had that itch yet.

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

what does this do?

5. Soccercbr13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ha, glad I was not the only one confused by that. Anyways, thanks for the info, ill give it a shot. Shame there isnt already and interface for it, as popular as facebook is I would have thought this would have been created ages ago.

6. iLoyal macrumors regular

Lmao... I am sorry OP, I have no idea, when, where, why, and how I wrote that....

7. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

8. iLoyal macrumors regular

>< I wish... Currently at work dealing with servers..

9. Soccercbr13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha, I was rather confused when nothing was pooping up on my Lockscreen.. Anyway, does any one have a recommendation for best Lockscreen app? Ive tried both Intelliscreen and Lockinfo. Intelliscreen is by far the better looking of the two, but I cant seem to figure out a way to do this RSS trick with intelliscreen. Any suggestions?

10. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

I have no idea really how you could manage that.. if. While I know it's not the same by any means, you could use LockInfo to track your FB notifications right from your lockscreen.

11. Elweezy macrumors regular

I believe in cydia (cydgits) there is a designated Facebook lock screen download... Name "Facebook Lockscreen" not sure if that's what you're looking for.

12. Elweezy macrumors regular

Cydia >> sections >> cydgets >> Facebook lockscreen