Facebook Login From ActionSheet

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by newtoiphonesdk, Aug 27, 2010.

1. newtoiphonesdk macrumors 6502a

I learned how to FBConnect using the tutorial posted here: It works, and it will post to Facebook fine, but I am looking for something more like other RSS apps with an ActionSheet to choose to either send an article over email or post to Facebook. I am at a loss for how to do this though. As seen in the tutorial, the Login Button is synthesized and loaded in the ViewDidLoad portion of the code, and there are several -(Void) statements for requesting a login and starting a session. Is there a simpler way to do this, that will allow a user to connect to Facebook from an ActionSheet?

2. fluxforge macrumors member

/edit: I decided that I do not want to be rude - so I deleted my reply. Read the docs.

3. newtoiphonesdk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Would u mind telling which docs u are referring to? I've googles this a bit but can't really find anything

4. ianray macrumors 6502

Conceptually, both a button press and a tap in a UIActionSheet result in a callback. Right?

5. newtoiphonesdk thread starter macrumors 6502a

I suppose so. The method I'm using now is just a touch confusing with the 15 .h and .m files just for fbconnect and everything seems so spread out but it's the only tutorial I could find