Facebook lowering volume

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by bigpizza, Oct 26, 2015.

1. bigpizza macrumors newbie

I'm having an issue with Facebook lowering the volume at random for instance when listening to music, even when running in the background.

To solve it I have to go and kill the app. It literally annoys me to death.

I jumped ship for android two years ago. Now I've come back and I find the most stable OS to be filled with negative progress.

A Google search on this particular problem shows hits as far back as a year. Yet it's still present.

So let's discuss this. How can apple allow this? I don't even think it's Facebook specific. Sometimes I've had to kill safari to get normal sound. Why not just mute music when you check a video?

Anyways. It's spooked me a lot and made me loose confidence. I purchased an iPhone 6S plus 64GB. For this price I expect nothing less than the best in software and hardware. I have barely any tolerance for crap, and apple is pushing the limit.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Are you running the latest version of the Facebook app (from a few days ago)? This is less important, but are you on iOS 9.1?

3. juzkid macrumors newbie

juzkid

Got the same issue with bluetooth audio whenever I try to open facebook app, music volume instantly lower. Anyone notice this too?

4. bigpizza thread starter macrumors newbie

Just checked App Store. I'm downloading the new update as I'm writing this. Apparently App Store failed to update automatically, and notifying me. It's set for auto update, yet I had 7 pending updates which I had to manually initiate.