Facebook messenger keeps draining battery

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Hyloba, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Hyloba macrumors 6502

Ever since I've downloaded messenger, it keeps on draining my iphone battery. First I switched off background refresh, then I switched off notifications, making it nearly useless. Now, with everything turned off and it being basically unable to do anything unless I press the app, it still drains battery! Over the last 24 hours, it has 2hrs of background activity, and I haven't even used it!

What else is there left to do than to remove it? In our region basically all text communication is done with facebook.

2. EdwardSmith36 macrumors regular

Even I felt that, I though to uninstall it but I really use it every now and then. Is there any app that keeps my battery lasts for long time?

3. rosario1990 macrumors regular

I also use FB Messenger for chatting purpose with my friends. But not sure how much batter it's drain. Is there any better app for long lasting battery life?

4. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

Known problem, all over the globe :) ....nothing you can do at the moment, unfortunately...developers need to do something about it....I consider myself lucky....I don't use FB.....the worst evil ever...but, again, it's just me :)

5. grgsiocl macrumors member

Try puffin for Facebook application from store which has in built messenger...

6. DaveTheRave macrumors 6502a

Maybe double click the home button, then swipe up on the app to kill it. Then make sure it's not allowed to access location services in settings.

7. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Not everyone uses an Apple device (and not everyone uses their mobile device all the time or wants to be in sync with all conversations no matter what device they are on)?

9. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

No love for Kik? Whatsapp?

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

Not everyone is on those. Quite a bit depends on what those you talk to are using. For some Facebook ends up working best as more of their friends are on it and use it on different devices throughout the day.

11. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Ok how is video quality on both wifi and cellular?