Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Facebook's Instant Games feature, first introduced in November, is now available worldwide. Along with expanding Instant Games worldwide, Facebook is also introducing new functionality first announced at its F8 conference, including turn-based gameplay and additional games.

Turn-based gameplay has been a highly requested Instant Games feature. Prior to today, games were single player, with Facebook relying on challenges to engage a user's friends and family, but now, two people can play games like Words With Friends with each other. Leaderboards, tournaments, and more engaging game messages delivered by game bots have also been bundled into the update.

facebookinstantgames-800x600.jpg
Rich gameplay features such as turn-based games (our most requested feature) can also weave in leaderboards and tournaments, and offer more visually engaging and customizable game messages during play. Game bots help re-engage players by calling out new game options and encouraging competition with updates on the leaderboards.
Facebook Messenger now features 50 Instant Games to play (depending on location), including EverWing, Words With Friends, Solitaire, Pac-Man, Bingo, Snake, and more.

According to Facebook, Instant Games for Messenger will roll out over the next few weeks worldwide for both iOS and Android.

Facebook Messenger can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Facebook Messenger's Instant Games Now Rolling Out Worldwide, New Features Added

bigpoppamac31

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
Canada
I use FB Messenger cause I have FB. But I think both their apps have too much stuff going on. Lots of gimmicky features and not streamlined enough. At least let us turn off the features we don't want to use.

kwikdeth

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2003
Tempe, AZ
Looking forward to messenger messenger, when they decide the messenger app has too much bloat and need to focus on core features like actually staying in touch with people.

Shirasaki

macrumors G5
May 16, 2015
Just notice this feature and... a "4" badge.
And smaller default text box, even worse than iMessage one.
Luckily, somehow I can choose to not update this app if I hate something but also, unluckily, once updated, no turning back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.