Facebook not working in Safari 4?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stone315, May 6, 2009.

1. stone315 macrumors regular

Hey guys,

Facebook isn't loading for me in Safari 4, yet it loads in Firefox and I'm not having problems with any other websites. Anybody else having the same problem? I want to know if it's a general Safari 4/Facebook bug or just something weird my computer's doing.

Thanks!

2. whiteangel777 macrumors member

whiteangel777

i got sometimes problems with safari 3 and the chat function. ff don`t make trouble. but safari. sometimes a restart of safari is enought, sometimes even this isn`t helping.

3. stone315 thread starter macrumors regular

Restart fixed it, thanks.

4. whiteangel777 macrumors member

whiteangel777

5. qswann macrumors newbie

Why is this NOT FIXED YET?

Ever since Safari 4 came out there's been problems with facebook chat. Every time you chat with someone Safari says it can't find the plugin. And this happens every single time anything is said. It's been like 6 months now and this problem is not fixed yet! What the ****? Anybody know what the hell is going on and why the issued is not being addressed? Thanks.

Qswann:confused:

Attached Files:

6. robert05au macrumors regular

robert05au

For me the chat in facebook has been nothing but problems for quite sometime. They did some site maintenance and it seems much better now.

I use mainly Firefox

7. leekaygraphics macrumors newbie

leekaygraphics

Safari 4 & Facebook not working well

Cannot access any photos/links on FB via Safari (iMac/Snow Leopard 10.6.2), just get blank pages, then am locked out of FB. Must quit Safari to re-access FB. No problems at all accessing FB via Firefox. Tried emptying Safari cache, that seemed to clear up the problem for a day, but next day it's back to refusing to let click reach photos/links.