Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pectin232

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
have a JB iPad 2 4.3.3 but Facebook is unusable.. as it quits as soon as it starts. Anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks

dylanursula

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2010
Is this the iphone FB app which had the ipad code in it? Have you changed the UIDesign value to 2 or using Faceforward?

pectin232

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
problem is when I touch to start it... it just immediately closes. I jb it with 4.3.3. suggestions?

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Working fine here with the same setup. Try uninstalling both app and tweak, then reinstall both?

trsblader

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2011
I want to say that I remembered reading the some users may need to delete the facebook app and redownload it. Can't remember where, but give it a shot.

pectin232

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
Working fine here with the same setup. Try uninstalling both app and tweak, then reinstall both?

Was there a Tweak? I installed FaceBook 3.34 or something. I just did it.. deleted it and reinstall from AppStore but still it just quits. Anyone had this problem. I wonder if it is due to the Jailbreak? Safari and others work well... just this Facebook only. I do not recall having installed any tweak/s.... there is no need for tweaks... as Facebook is free. Let me know I might be doing something wrong along the way

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
There was--but Facebook disabled the use of the iphone app on the iPad. Download FaceForward in Cydia--this fixes the block FB put on the app and gives you access to the not yet released iPad version. It's free.

Or do what I do 90% of the time--use Safari. There's a few things you still can't do, but mostly it looks better than the app does, at least to me.

pectin232

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
There was--but Facebook disabled the use of the iphone app on the iPad. Download FaceForward in Cydia--this fixes the block FB put on the app and gives you access to the not yet released iPad version. It's free.

Or do what I do 90% of the time--use Safari. There's a few things you still can't do, but mostly it looks better than the app does, at least to me.

hey thanks man.... I will check that out. generally in Cydia... when there are updates... do u do a complete upgrade or upgrade essential, blah blah.... I do a complete upgrade most of the time just in case. I also worry sometimes it might not work well.. but so far it is fine.

bigmatt

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2011
I had the same problem. I removed faceforward. I found that RetinaPad or fullforce were enabled. I disabled those then opened up Facebook and signed on normally. I then reinstalled faceforward and now I have the facebook app for iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.