Facebook not working

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by pectin232, Jul 31, 2011.

1. pectin232 macrumors 6502

have a JB iPad 2 4.3.3 but Facebook is unusable.. as it quits as soon as it starts. Anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks

2. dylanursula macrumors 6502

Is this the iphone FB app which had the ipad code in it? Have you changed the UIDesign value to 2 or using Faceforward?

3. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

4. Cooolpenner macrumors regular

Can't login into Facebook. I'm using faceforward and the iPad optimized Facebook app. Anyone else having this problem?

5. pectin232 thread starter macrumors 6502

problem is when I touch to start it... it just immediately closes. I jb it with 4.3.3. suggestions?

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Working fine here with the same setup. Try uninstalling both app and tweak, then reinstall both?

7. trsblader macrumors 6502

I want to say that I remembered reading the some users may need to delete the facebook app and redownload it. Can't remember where, but give it a shot.

8. pectin232 thread starter macrumors 6502

Was there a Tweak? I installed FaceBook 3.34 or something. I just did it.. deleted it and reinstall from AppStore but still it just quits. Anyone had this problem. I wonder if it is due to the Jailbreak? Safari and others work well... just this Facebook only. I do not recall having installed any tweak/s.... there is no need for tweaks... as Facebook is free. Let me know I might be doing something wrong along the way

9. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

There was--but Facebook disabled the use of the iphone app on the iPad. Download FaceForward in Cydia--this fixes the block FB put on the app and gives you access to the not yet released iPad version. It's free.

Or do what I do 90% of the time--use Safari. There's a few things you still can't do, but mostly it looks better than the app does, at least to me.

10. pectin232 thread starter macrumors 6502

hey thanks man.... I will check that out. generally in Cydia... when there are updates... do u do a complete upgrade or upgrade essential, blah blah.... I do a complete upgrade most of the time just in case. I also worry sometimes it might not work well.. but so far it is fine.

11. bigmatt macrumors newbie

I had the same problem. I removed faceforward. I found that RetinaPad or fullforce were enabled. I disabled those then opened up Facebook and signed on normally. I then reinstalled faceforward and now I have the facebook app for iPad.