Facebook not working

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NidhiGautam, Dec 13, 2012.

1. NidhiGautam macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone, I bought this 13" Mac last year and did not buy the extended warranty. Now all of the sudden I got the error message on my startup screen saying "Kernel Panic". I took it to istore, they said there is some serious trouble with either its logic board, RAM or Hard-disk. When diagnosed as they said one of RAM has gone corrupted they removed one slot of 2 GB RAM and upgraded it to Mountain lion OS 10.8.2. But problem did not stop here.

I am unable to access Facebook, it shows the message - Safari cannot connect to server.Safari can't open the page "https://www.facebook.com/" because safari cannot connect to server "www.facebook.com". The weird thing is that I get the Facebook Notification .

My speakers all of the sudden stopped working. But following suggestions worked.
    Step 1. Plug headphones in (don’t worry, you won’t use them)
    Step 2. Change System Preferences -> Sound -> Change Internal Speakers to an Input!
    Step 3. Done!

Some one please help me. The istore people have stopped taking my calls now

2. Adamantoise macrumors 6502a

Not being able to access Facebook has nothing to do with your kernel panic.

If you cannot connect to Facebook, try flushing your DNS cache (or even better, just use Google's DNS servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).

If changing your DNS cache doesn't work and you can access other websites, then perhaps there's a Firewall that's blocking connections from your computer to Facebook's servers.

3. NidhiGautam thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Adamantoise, but I tried both of the methods but nothing worked :(
    Used Google's DNS servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, and turned off firewall.

I wonder what we are missing here :(

:confused:

4. TheSpeaker macrumors member

Sounds like your laptop is trying to tell you something.