Facebook notifications

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
Not getting anything in terms of sound when they come, despite all settings allowing for them.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Mine most certainly worked with iOS 5 I even had a certain alert I used for only Facebook. I didn't realize it wasn't working until I didn't hear the alert for a while. I tried changing the alert tone and the did nothing obviously. I'm about to try uninstalling and reinstalling FB now.

whsbuss

macrumors 68040
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Mine most certainly worked with iOS 5 I even had a certain alert I used for only Facebook. I didn't realize it wasn't working until I didn't hear the alert for a while. I tried changing the alert tone and the did nothing obviously. I'm about to try uninstalling and reinstalling FB now.
Not iOS related - its the FB app

tfa8rva

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2011
I've even gone as far as to reinstall the old fb 4.x version, and it did not bring the sound back. I thought it was just mine until I stumbled onto this thread.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Not iOS related - its the FB app
You mean the fully iOS integrated Facebook? Or the half baked one? Psst spoiler alert, they are the same.

I never understood why Facebook can't get this right on iOS. Its notification frequency is slightly less then rarely and now I don't get alert sounds. Seems like too popular to be so buggy...

whsbuss

macrumors 68040
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
You mean the fully iOS integrated Facebook? Or the half baked one? Psst spoiler alert, they are the same.

I never understood why Facebook can't get this right on iOS. Its notification frequency is slightly less then rarely and now I don't get alert sounds. Seems like too popular to be so buggy...
Yes I get a popup for the notification but no sound, iPhone or iPad