Facebook on ios5 beta better?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zobby, Jul 28, 2011.

1. zobby macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5274d Safari/7534.48.3)

I've notice that today the iPhone facebook app seems a lot more stable. Basically instead of crashing out when I try to comment its now allowing me to. Has anyone else noticed?

2. willsoriano macrumors member

When it come to the Facebook app my motto has always been expect failure and you'll never be disappointed. In short, no. Facebook still sucks and I think it may partially be due to those rumors floating around that they wanted their own phone. What better way to do that than cripple the competitions access?

3. wurgi macrumors member

This. I don't see any improvement whatsoever. It still sucks as it used to. Bah.

4. paulcdb macrumors regular

Tbh I've not bothered with Facebook much for ages now since it would always come up as lost internet when posting comments but I must admit the last couple of times i've gone to comment its been fine.

5. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

The latest Facebook version from the app store seems to have fixed all the bugs i had when i had previous versions. Note i am back on 4.3.3 and jailbroken now and i have not tried it on IOS 5.

6. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

The Facebook app is terrible, IMO - especially for "groups," which I use almost more than the newsfeed or wall. I've been using the web app (m.facebook.com) instead, and for the most part, it has all the same features, but is faster and more stable.

Having said that, rumor has it that Facebook is revamping the mobile app (and introducing an iPad app) sometime in the fall.

7. n1k1t4 macrumors newbie

i think it still sucks, so i just use m.facebook.com (which is good) and imo.im app, which combines loads of different im accounts. (free) :eek:

8. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

it's still awful on iOS 5 Beta 4, i've started highlightling my message and selecting copy before i hit the send button because it usually says internet connection error try again and when you click on this it take you to like a web based layout but it doesn't post your message and doesn't even take you to the topic you were trying to comment on. I then have to goto the web version via safari and paste my comment from before. It Sucks !!! :mad:

9. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Yeah it still sucks. Freezes sometimes or just sited there trying to load the page but never will.

10. zobby thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep - that's exactly the problem I was having, but this morning its just seemed to have started working - very strange. :confused:

11. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Weird cause I dont have any issues with my facebook at all !

Im on 4.3.5

12. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

This is a question about Facebook on iOS 5 you are running iOS 4.3.5 !!! :p

13. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

yeah it's been hit or miss for me too but until it's sorted i'll still copy my message incase it doesn't post hehehe i learned after a few really long messages that didn't post to do this :(

14. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Whoops, me bad !

15. shandyman Suspended

Well Facebook app is better from beta 3 as on beta 2 i couldn't upload photos.

i still get the no internet every now and then when commenting, which annoys me, usually on 3G

16. mattdo93, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011

mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

Today, Facebook has been sending alot of notifications for me. It actually seems to be a stable app (except the chat system will always be broken for me)
    But of course, I don't expect it to last.

[​IMG]

Running iOS 5 beta 4.

17. cookiesnfooty macrumors 6502

cookiesnfooty

I agree,

Facebook was really active with notifications last night it was great.

18. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

I was on FB from my laptop and my iPhone was beside me last night and the notifications were instantaneous for once.

19. PaulyD macrumors 6502

I'm on 4.3.3 and noticed this last night as well, usually it is awful for notifications