Facebook Photo Upload Issue and Question about Sound Settings

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bbrown35, Feb 19, 2011.

1. bbrown35 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I'm brand new to the iPhone world with the recent release of the Verizon iPhone 4 finally. I wanted one for ever, but didn't want to give up Verizon service.

Anyway, I came from using an HTC Incredible, and I must say that phone really was incredible, and had a ton of settings and options.

I've searched all over for help with this, but does anyone know if there is an App or something I can do, to gain more control over my sounds settings?? My issue is that when the phone is on silent, there's no option to have an audible sound for a calendar reminder or anything. I know there is the clock alarm option for sounds, but is there anything else??

Also, I'm not sure if this is a Facebook problem, Verizon problem or iPhone problem.. but I am not able to upload photos to Facebook. When trying without a caption, you click upload and it quickly disappears like it might be uploading, and when I try it with a caption written out, it automatically says that it can't be uploaded right now and to save and try again later.
    The only way I've figured out to do it is through the Photoshop App.

Any help??

Thanks!
    Brittany

2. Surely Guest

Surely

Unfortunately, there's no way to gain more control over the Sound Settings unless you jailbreak.

Try deleting the Facebook app from your iPhone and re-downloading it. That may fix the photo uploading issue you're having.

:)

3. bbrown35 thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome thank you, that did fix my Facebook problem. Is jailbreaking like rooting an android phone, where like if you do it wrong you destroy the whole phone? Lol

4. Surely Guest

Surely

It is like rooting an Android phone, and yeah, if you do it "wrong" you can brick your iPhone.

However, it's pretty easy to do these days, and a lot safer than it used to be.

Check out the iPhone Hacks forums, I'm sure you'll be able to find some good info there.