Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
Does anyone have a facebook fan page set up for your photography? I never really considered setting one up before. Just figured the website would be sufficient, and email for receiving messages and etc.

Last edited:

NiKeZz

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2010
Topeka, Kansas
I to have done one but its for more of targeting potential customers and the kids I shoot if they get so many of their friends to like the page I give them a discount on their packages they choose.

legreve

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2010
Denmark
I went on the same whim, but as to more showcase the work in another way than my website would do. It's now more a sort of blog for me that an actual way to find work... alas a blog I'm too busy/lazy to maintain.

I'm not entirely sure that professionals would use FB for that kind of finding a photographer for a job.
The last few jobs I had I picked up via google > my website, so I guess that's still the main road for people to go when in need of a photographer.

And ofcourse, then there's the whole "we'd like to own everything you add to FB" attitude of FB :)

leGrevé Photography on Facebook, although I think it's more interesting to look at my website instead hehe.

mahood

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2009
UK
Does anyone have a facebook fan page set up for your photography?

If you're interested in checking out the fb artist page I set up, which actually includes in progress images of new work I'm putting together, it can be found at http://www.facebook.com/andybloxhamimagery

Mine is at http://www.facebook.com/markhoodphoto - I don't have a proper website as such, as I'm not quite ready to build one yet.

So for me this is really just a chance to get some more feedback, and it keeps the photo people away from the work/regular people :)

I've not allowed people to post links and new items on there though, when I did I got lots of stuff that I wouldn't call spam, but wasn't really my sort of thing. I guess I'm missing out on some interesting conversations that way, but I still feel this is 'my' page, so I'd rather not see people promoting themselves on it... I'll have to re-think that, as it gets busier.

Mark

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.