Facebook Posts. Location

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by JackieInCo, May 30, 2014.

1. JackieInCo Suspended

On iOS, I have this disabled but I can not figure out how to stop FB from posting my location on my posts on Android. Anyone know how to disable this? Thanks

2. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Turn off location services in the device's settings. If you run a custom ROM with App Ops enabled (e.g. CM) you can use that to revoke the location permission from the Facebook app specifically.

3. JackieInCo thread starter Suspended

I van kind of figured after posting this that the only way to stop this was to turn off location. There is no per app setting. My phone is stock also.

A lot of people were complaining about Facebook starting to do this, this week.

4. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Is there no longer a setting to turn off location in the Facebook app? You can try using a third party Facebook app like Klyph or Tinfoil for Facebook instead. You'll probably save battery life too.

5. JackieInCo thread starter Suspended

I don't see a way to turn it off in the app. Thanks for the other app suggestions.

6. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Klyph is really good. It looks like the Google+ app. Very nice, far better than the official Facebook app.

7. JackieInCo thread starter Suspended

I can't seem to be able to install any new apps since updating to. KitKat. They just show the blue bar and it shows as installing. An app that I tried to install three days ago still shows as installing.

Kylph has been installing for an hour now. Rebooting don't work. Any ideas?

8. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Settings > Apps > All > Play Store > Clear data and Clear cache. Then reboot.