Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Not a FB fanboy and use a browser and not their app but they have over 2.7 billion active users and growing. Doubt they're going anywhere with no viable alternative platform. Part of issue is Apple is jealous they don't have the user base the size of FB to collect data from.
Considering that Apple just reported a record quarter, I will say that Apple has all the data they need on what their customers want and how to effectively market their products to them.

Reactions: Captain Trips

Kris28

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2015
London UK
why does FB get to determine what is fair/unfair with my data? We get no say. Screw them. Bring on the opt out. I'll be smashing that button as hard and fast as I can. Now we get a say and FB and their like are afraid of people waking up to understanding how much we have been sold out.
FB is sure that's we are nothing more than their herd of milky cows ,so what's the problem?

dcassone

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2012
LOL is Facebook really serious....I guess when your revenue stream is going to dry up because of unethically harvesting your data and selling it may time to try something this crazy.

Reactions: Kris28

ikramerica

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2009
Facebook actually has no idea if Apple will ask customers to opt in on Apple apps. They are only guessing.

Most Apple apps that are built in aren’t on the app store, so they don’t have a nutrition label there. But there is a user agreement that comes with your phone, as well with each update.

But as far as opt-in or opt-out, you are asked about crash logs and analytics, can turn off just about anything, iCloud is NOT REQUIRED to use their products, and the app store doesn’t sell your info.

Reactions: Captain Trips

pete480

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Long Island, NY
I can’t believe facebook is still a thing with what everyone now knows. They’re completely delusional if they think they’re going to win a lawsuit claiming unfair approach to privacy.

Reactions: Kris28
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.