Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedi74

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
every time i use my iphone 5 to post a pic to my facebook account it will only post to my wall and not my news feed where all of my friends can see it.

how can i post a pic from my iphone 5 to my news feed to everyone can see it?

thanks!

KandyKane

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Australia
This was happening with my 4S as well in the latest/second latest FaceBook update, it goes straight into my Mobile Uploads rather than news stream.

jedi74

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
update?

is this something that can be fixed with a facebook mobile update?

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Cleveland , OH
I've noticed this problem as well. Also, when i post on a friend's wall, it will post, but the mobile app will not show the post. I was posting multiple times because I didn't think it was registering. Whoops. I hope they have a bug fix soon. Same with notification sounds.

jedi74

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
is this something that can be fixed with a facebook mobile update?

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Cleveland , OH
For people with notification issues, double check your settings --> notifications for Facebook. Somehow, mine defaulted to sounds and banners off. I know I did not change it. Strange. I'm not sure it will make a difference or not.

dtbratt

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2011
Amherstburg, ON

Don't believe me in the other thread you created?

One thread is not enough so you create two?

The iOS App acts different from your MAC and PCs.

----------

Within the iOS Intergration. It does not show up on your OWN newsfeed. Only your profile and your friends newsfeed.

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Cleveland , OH
----------
Within the iOS Intergration. It does not show up on your OWN newsfeed. Only your profile and your friends newsfeed.

Can this be confirmed from others? I've had a few friends say that they haven't seen my post when posting through the iOS integration shortcut. Other friends see it because I get comments and likes. Seems like some get it in their news feed and some do not.

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
Same exact problem. Pisses me off because every other way I post it shows up in my newsfeed so I know it actually posted.

I'm thinking it's an Apple facebook integration bug because the same happens from my idevices and my Mac using NC.

Beezzy

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2011
Your own items don't show up on your own newsfeed. Been like that for a while. Once in a while your status will show on your news feed until someone comments or likes it.

MISTRUST

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2012
Your own items don't show up on your own newsfeed. Been like that for a while. Once in a while your status will show on your news feed until someone comments or likes it.

This has been my experience as well.

hakr100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
East Coast
It seems to me that if you go to your newsfeed and "share," the photos then become visible on your friends' feeds. I think.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I post using the iOS integration all the time, and get comments and likes (or not, as the case may go ;)). I don't generally look for my stuff on my newsfeed, but I know others can see what I post.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
The only problem i have is with the notifications, started with facebook. Now everything has gone silent. I do notice that not all my post show up on my newsfeed when i post. But somehow everyone else seems to see it. Even if i cant.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA

Thank you! I'm glad someone noticed that. It's not a problem, it's how it's been for awhile. Just because its not showing up in your news feed, it doesn't mean it's not showing up in your friends' news feeds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.