FaceBook push notifications

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by applefanDrew, Sep 21, 2012.

1. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

I am no longer receiving the sound when I get a FB notification. This is happening on both iPad and iPhone. It started about 1-2 weeks ago, before iOS 6 so I know that is not the problem. Anybody else having the same issue and anybody figure out how to fix it?

I've deleted and reinstalled, flipped every switch I can find related to Facebook, and logged out and signed back in within the app. Nothing works. :/

2. LixLev macrumors regular

It's not just you. I've got the same issue aswell. If you do a search on twitter, a fair few people are mentioning it. It is a problem on FaceBook's side, I remember when they first added push notifications there was no sound, and then suddenly there was. I don't even think it needs an update to fix it, I think it's an issue with FaceBook that they should be able to easily fix. Should be fine within a few weeks I reckon.

3. applefanDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

Ah! Thanks for the info. I had started to conclude it was a FB side problem.

4. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

Bumped to see if anyone has their notifications working again. As i said in other threads, this bug seems to has spread to virtually every app on my phone, plus email and text.