Facebook question

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mac'nCheese, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

(mods please move if in wrong location)

Today I got another post from a friend who was simply commenting on her (not mine) friend's post. I don't care about comments my friends make on posts from people I don't know. Someone said I could click on unsubscribe from friends comments or likes to get rid of posts like these but that sounds like I'm unsubscribing from all her comments. Does anyone know how this works? Is it unsubscribing from all her comments and likes or just the ones she makes about people whom I am not friends with?

2. 0000757 macrumors 68040

If you "Unsubscribe from a post" then no notifications regarding that post will reach you.

3. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

Hover over the status and click the square with the arrow in the upper right corner. Click it and click 'Unsubscribe from comments and likes from x' and you will not see statuses about what she likes or comments on.

4. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

But I'll still see her comments on things I post or a mutual friend
    posts, right?

5. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

You should be notified if she comments on your post unless you block her or something else. If she comments on a mutual friend of yours, you will not see it like 'X commented on X's status' under her name. You will be able to see her comment if you saw the original status your friend posted that she commented on.

6. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Gotcha thanks.