Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2012
hi, i have a question regarding facebook on ios6

so this is my first iphone, coming from an android. my question is regarding the comments on facebook that you see in your newsfeed. on android, when i would pull the page down so that it would refresh if there were new posts, it would also refresh the comment count of every single post that is viewable on the screen.

on ios6, i have noticed, the only way i can see if someone else has commented on something, i have to actually click into the pic/post/whatever i'm looking at to see if new comments have been added.

is there a way that this can be done on the refresh? or is this something with push notifications i'm missing?

thanks

SunnyFL

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
hi, i have a question regarding facebook on ios6

so this is my first iphone, coming from an android. my question is regarding the comments on facebook that you see in your newsfeed. on android, when i would pull the page down so that it would refresh if there were new posts, it would also refresh the comment count of every single post that is viewable on the screen.

on ios6, i have noticed, the only way i can see if someone else has commented on something, i have to actually click into the pic/post/whatever i'm looking at to see if new comments have been added.

is there a way that this can be done on the refresh? or is this something with push notifications i'm missing?

thanks

Not sure, but can tell you the fb app for IOS leaves a lot to be desired.

I wish they would bring back landscape mode and an option to increase the text size a few sizes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.