Facebook redesign??

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by mrtune, Jul 11, 2013.

1. mrtune macrumors 6502a

My wife and I both update our Facebook apps yesterday and hers now looks completely different and mine looks normal. I talked with a few friends and they all have the normal looking Facebook app.

How in the world did my wife end up with this? I attached a screen shot I got from her phone. The screen no longer slides to revel all Ruhr options. It's all on the bottom now.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Attached Files:

2. gomoq13 macrumors 6502

gomoq13

I've got the latest version of Facebook app on my phone and it changes back and forth from new to the old interface back and forth. I don't know why.

3. mactumors macrumors 6502

Is the search button facebook's new graph search?

What happens when you tap 'more'?

Interesting. Maybe made with iOS 7 in mind? Would look better transparent...

4. mrtune thread starter macrumors 6502a

I didn't try the search button. Pressing 'more' brings up the menu that normally slides in from the left.

Also I'm thinking it has ios 7 in mind too. Since sliding a finger from left side of screen no longer brings up the menu. Maybe they saving that gesture for going back like in most of ios 7 stock apps.

Also the top blue bar and post bar. They both slide away as you start scrolling. Only the black menu at the bottom stays.

5. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

6. The5thElephant macrumors newbie

It doesn't look awful, it looks barely different from before.

Major change is just menus on the bottom, and annoying profile and search tucked under "More" section.