Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lewismayell

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2013
South West England
I'm not really sure what's happened, but for some reason the Facebook app on my iPhone has removed every contact that I entered manually into my phone and replaced them with my facebook contacts, but I don't want this to have happened, is there a way I can look through my iTunes back-ups or iCloud backups for my old contacts because i'm getting really wound up with the stupidity of integration.

iRooney

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2011
Charleston, SC
I'm not really sure what's happened, but for some reason the Facebook app on my iPhone has removed every contact that I entered manually into my phone and replaced them with my facebook contacts, but I don't want this to have happened, is there a way I can look through my iTunes back-ups or iCloud backups for my old contacts because i'm getting really wound up with the stupidity of integration.

Out of curiosity, if you disable contact syncing with Facebook in the Facebook preferences panel of Settings, do your contacts come back?

lewismayell

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2013
South West England
Nope, they're completely gone, I dont know what, I, Apple or Facebook have done, but they've lost my contacts, and I don't have my old phone anymore, because vodafone ported these contacts across, and for some stupid reason they aren't stored on my sim card

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.