Facebook slow to show new posts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMas70, May 1, 2015.

1. iMas70 macrumors 6502a

I've been noticing this for awhile. I'll scroll through Facebook and see a lot of "new" posts that are from hours ago. Like when I woke up this morning, I saw a bunch of posts that were from yesterday afternoon and evening. There were also new posts. I'm on Facebook a lot so I didn't miss them before. I have it set to Recent and not Top Stories. I've logged out of the app and then back in and it still happens. Would be nice to see them in real time like we're supposed to. A little useless when I wake up to see that a friend checked in at a location last night. To late to meet them now.

Anyone else notice this and is there a way to correct it?

2. PsyOpWarlord macrumors 6502

PsyOpWarlord

Nothing you can do except blame Facebook. Facebook resets the newsfeed on the mobile apps back to Top Stories where they tend to insert paid advertising. It's all about the money.

So your only recourse is to go into the More menu and under Favorites, select Most Recent whenever you want to view the newsfeed (to be sure you are seeing it the way you want).

They were forcing the browsers to do the same for a while but there were so many plugins that got around it, Facebook just gave up and let the settings stick after a users changed it.

But the mobile apps are under their control as they write the software app and there are no plugins for them to get around it.

3. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

You probably need to enable background refresh for that App. That may fix the problem.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

It sounds like that's what's in play here.

5. iMas70 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the info! That's going to be a PITA but I guess that's what I (we) have to do to try to get the newest posts.