Facebook sound notifications - NOT

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by whsbuss, Nov 15, 2012.

1. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Well I was hoping that the latest FB update would finally fix the no sound notification but it has not. I have submitted at least 5 bug reports and they don't seem to care anymore. Its not just iOS either.... my friend has Android and its the same.

Gee, how hard is this to fix?

2. trav346 macrumors newbie

I've been waiting for a fix since they debuted 5.0, man. Sure, they made the app a ton faster, but no notification sounds AND STILL no landscape support (other than commenting on photos). Why do they keep adding stuff we don't really care about instead of fixing the stuff that everyone is complaining about?

I've actually quit using the app and went to the mobile browser version only to come back to the app only to see an app badge when I do receive a notification. So frustrating.

3. MEJHarrison macrumors 6502a

Don't assume. I think the new features in the latest release are fantastic. And I know plenty of other people who have been wanting to share and tag better.

On the other hand, the people here are the only people I know of who are upset about notification sounds. I've never heard someone complain about that in real life.

Don't assume your priorities are the same as all users. Perhaps they ARE fixing what everyone (most everyone) is complaining about.

4. whsbuss thread starter macrumors 68040

whsbuss

I agree about the sharing feature but don't tell me people don't complain. Ask 10 of my friends and family who always say they missed a notification because they were not looking at the popup screen. We all have our priorities but don't assume something that may not be as important to you.

5. MrT323 macrumors newbie

I've been having the same issues with FB, Twitter and Instagram. Anyone figure out a fix? I for one do want the sounds back.

6. mymilkshake macrumors newbie